You can get free stock images from a variety of online sources. These include:
- Unsplash: Offers various free stock images and integrates with different platforms.
- Pexels: Provides high-quality royalty-free stock images & copyright-free pictures.
- Pixabay: Offers over 4.1 million high-quality stock images, videos, and music the community shares.
- Burst by Shopify: A free stock photo platform for entrepreneurs offering free and royalty-free images.
- Vecteezy: Besides vector graphics, Vecteezy also offers free stock photos.
- Adobe Stock Free Collection: Adobe offers a collection of high-quality, free stock photos.
- Gratisography: Offers quirky and creative stock photos that are free to use.
- Pikwizard: Provides a variety of free stock photos.
- Canva: Allows you to access a wide range of stock images from Pexels and Pixabay directly in its platform.
These websites offer images that are indeed free to use, often under a Creative Commons Zero (CC0) license or similar, which means you can copy, modify, distribute, and use the photos for free, including for commercial purposes, without asking permission from or providing attribution to the photographer or the site. However, it’s always a good practice to read the specific licensing details on each site because certain restrictions may apply, like not using images in a way that suggests the depicted individuals endorse your product or not using images in a defamatory context.